Invasive Species Awareness Events
Events in your community can help raise awareness of invasive species. Here are some examples of invasive species awareness events organized by PlayCleanGo partners:
- Set up an informational display booth at a local event.
- Schedule a special event to coincide with National Get Outdoors Day, or whenever the opportunity arises.
- Participate in parades, farmer's markets, Earth Day or any special event that's already organized.
- Use PlayCleanGo materials to create a display or banner. A simple table will do in a pinch. Make your display materials fun and interactive. Use your imagination to create games and other fun family activities.
- Involve local businesses and service organizations. Their members can help staff your booth. They may be willing to cover the cost of supplies or donate prizes for your games. Be sure to acknowledge their contributions.
Other family friendly ideas:
- Bean bag toss
- Invasive species scavenger hunt
- Take-Your-Photo opportunities
- Did-You-Know flip-up boards
- Guessing games
- Coloring or photo contests
- Walking tours of native and non-native plants